Calling all Young Coders (Ages 7-18)! 👋
ARE YOU READY? It’s time to let your coding skills shine in our annual International Coding Showcase 2023! 🌟 This year, we’re bringing it to the next level – We’re challenging all participants to make a difference in shaping our world today! 🌍
This year’s theme focuses on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, where students will work on creating cutting-edge and revolutionary projects that are sure to make a difference in our communities.
Innovate, code, and stand a chance to win the Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze trophy or medal! 🏅🏆
ALL participants are guaranteed a certificate! 🏅🏆
Selected Top Coders will even be featured on our social media and blog!
🌟 Are you ready to show the world what you’ve got? 🌟
Our showcase has 3 categories and is open to all students ages 7 to 18 who can use the platforms listed below. Participants must submit a project of choice and a video recording.
🌍 Our theme for 2023 is the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals! 🌍
Students are required to create original projects that address at least one of the 4 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) listed below.
3 December 2023,
JST 1800 / SGT 1900
Project Submission Deadline
7 January 2024,
JST 1800 / SGT 1900
28 February 2024,
JST 1000 / SGT 1100
🤩 Innovate, Code, Win! 🤩
We want to nurture a community of like-minded coders, who come together to ideate and brainstorm solutions to real-world problems around us! 🌍 We would love to see your innovative ideas come to life through code and be showcased to the world through this platform. 💪
Selected recipients will get their projects featured on Coding Lab’s website and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and YouTube)!
Participation Fees: SGD $65
- Open to all Coding Lab and non-Coding Lab students in 3 categories.
- Participant has to submit a video presentation and project that addresses at least 1 of the 4 UN Sustainable Development Goals listed above.
- The video has to be a minimum of 1 minute and should not exceed 3 minutes. Optional: The video can be edited, if needed.
- The video should show: participant’s face, codes, guiding us through your project. It should cover the following:
i) Describe your project and codes
ii) What inspired you to make it?
iii) What is the purpose of your project?
- It is recommended to perform a one-take with Zoom, which allows you to simultaneously record your face and your screen. You may access our guide to recording a video presentation by clicking here.
- Alternatively, you can also use your screen recorder tool, a webcam or even stitch together videos made with your phone or DSLR.
- Ask your parents to help you with it and you can get creative together!
Project Submission Information:
- Master Category (Ages 13 to 18, Born in the year 2005-2010): All projects to be hosted on Replit or Google Colab and kindly submit the Replit / Google Colab project link. Please ensure that the Google Colab file is viewable to anyone with the link!
- Senior Category (Ages 10 to 12, Born in the year 2011-2013): Please ‘Export selected project to computer’ and submit the downloaded .aia file for your App Inventor project.
- Junior Category (Ages 7 to 9, Born in the year 2014-2016): Please share your project and submit the Scratch project link.
IMPORTANT: The project submitted should be original, not copied or remixed from other programmers or AI tools such as ChatGPT without any tweaks or edits. Plagiarised projects will be penalised!
How to Participate:
Judges will assess each submission on:
Code efficiency, complexity, readability and re-usability.
Is the project clearly presented with enthusiasm and confidence? Does the video cover the content within the duration?
|Creativity & Originality
Use your imagination to create original projects or tweak other projects in unique ways.
How easy is it to use your project? Are the controls intuitive? Are there instructions (if needed)?
*The video presentations and projects are evaluated on their own (not in comparison to other participants).
What Last Year’s Participants Say
Frequently Asked Questions
The International Coding Showcase 2023 (SG-JP) Committee reserves the right to amend the rules and conditions without prior notice. For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com. The Judges’ decisions are final. No appeals will be entertained.
For more info, contact us: