GCE O-Level Computing (Secondary 4)
Ages 15 – 16
With less than 11 months before the important GCE ‘O’ Level examinations, Secondary 4 students would need to focus on honing their exam-acing skills set and specific content knowledge.
We will focus on content mastery and exam preparation to prime our students to excel in the ‘O’ level examinations. Students will be trained in the application and integration of key concepts on the key groups of examination questions. We place emphasis on the following:
- Content mastery of the syllabus
- Programming under exam-like conditions
- Strategies for tackling exam questions
Coding Lab’s GCE ‘O’ Level Computing (Sec 4) Tuition programme is highly results-oriented and designed to help our students achieve the greatest grades improvement in the shortest time.
In our Secondary 4 coaching curriculum, students will focus on honing their proficiency in using spreadsheet and Python programming under exam-like conditions, be equipped with examination strategies with intensive guidance and revision regarding the most important aspects of the examination.
Content Mastery (New Topics)
- Ethical, Social and Economic Issues
- Computer Architecture
- Data Communications
Revision and Reinforcement
- Revision of all topics (Secondary 3 and 4)
- Multiple mock examinations
- “Cheatsheet” for revision
Skills and Techniques
- Tackling Paper 1 (Written Paper) with ease
- Answering knowledge-based, technical questions
- Answering application-based questions
- Answering open-ended questions
- Tackling Paper 2 (Lab-Based Examinations) with ease
- Understanding the questions
- Efficient debugging techniques
- Planning and developing the solution
- Programming and Spreadsheet Skills (Paper 2)
- Proficiency with spreadsheet
- Proficiency with Python Programming
In Secondary 4
Taking GCE O-Level Computing as a subject
Maximum 1:10 Instructor-Student ratio
1 session per week, 2 hours per session
Course Fee: $360/month
Registration Fee: $80 (one-time fee)(Waived for existing students)
Locations & Schedules
80 Marine Parade Road #10-06, 449269
Coding Lab Student Feature: Sarah Go, 17, Hwa Chong International
Meet Sarah, our talented young coder. Starting from ground zero, she has come a long way – after all, she clinched an Honourable mention at the National Olympiad in Informatics (NOI) in March 2018, in just less than six months of learning to code.
Coding Lab Student Feature: Lauren Yeo, 14, Methodist Girls’ School, (IB) Programme
Meet Lauren, the child music prodigy who, at the age of 9, sang at Carnegie Hall after winning 1st place at the American Protégé International Voice Competition in New York. Also a self-confessed Science nerd, and a member of her school Science Club and MENSA, Lauren is living proof that arts and science can go together.
Coding Lab Student Feature: Josephine, 14, Raffles Girls School
Meet our talented student, Josephine, 14. A member of her school’s Infocomm club, she started with Coding Lab in 2017, where she was first introduced to Python programming. She has since progressed upward and can now count programming in C++ as another skill under her belt.